10 Things That Make Me Odd
Ok, so Judy from Just Enjoy Him tagged me, so I’m “it” to share 10 things about myself that others may consider, uh hmm, unique. Hopefully I won’t lose any friends over this!
1. I drink pickle juice. Yup, it’s one of my favorite things. I like the pickles too, but the juice they live in…mmmm, good stuff. Must be all that artificial flavoring!
2. I have a Red Bull dependency. But I’ve been clean now for like 3 weeks!
3. I’m obsessed with teeth. To the point where the dentist told me to limit my brushing. Apparently you can overbrush and cause gumline erosion.
4. The sight of blood on a family member or friend makes me passout. Ok, so I’m a medical student. I’ve put stitches in head wounds, been in VERY bloody surgeries, delivered babies, and seen other stuff that would make some people barf, but I didn’t flinch. Yet when I took my husband to the ER after he hit himself in the head with a crowbar while remodeling our kitchen, I tried to watch lidocaine injected into the wound so he could be stitched up and the next thing I know, the doctor and nurse are standing over ME telling me to just lay down! My husband got a laugh out of that.
5. I spend a lot of time on the potty. Ok, TMI, but people always want to know how / why I eat so much for such a shrimp. That’s the reason! I’m convinced my intestines are only like 1 foot long!
6. I love a good cry. Every now and then (ie: when I’m PMSing) I’ll purposely put on the most depressing Sarah McLaughlin CD just to get my tears flowing.
7. Tina Turner’s “What’s Love Got to Do with It” is my adrenaline-rush, pre-game, pump-up song! I’m such a closet dork…ok fine, I’m TOTALLY out in the open, drowning in dorkdom. I have no idea what it is about that horrible song, but I used to listen to it before big games (soccer), or before running a marathon, etc. It just gets me going!
8. I have to sleep with socks on. Don’t know why, but no matter how hot or cold it is, I. have. to. wear. socks. in. bed.
9. I have a stepping-on-cracks-with-left-foot-has-to = right-foot thing.
10. I wipe my dog’s butt. Ok, so this is the one where I lose friends. We have an English Bulldog - a completely man-made (require insemination and C-sections), fat, lazy, totally useless form of canine who cannot even poop on his own without making a mess that someone else has to clean up. Here’s a picture so you can see how completely useless he is:
11. One more for posterity: I eat the cartilage off chicken bones, and sometimes suck the marrow - ok, that’s just gross, I know.
So there you have it. I’m not weird either Judy, see? And yes, I’m aware that there are medical treatments I should be seeking for #2,3,5,6, and 9 (and couseling for #10). However, I am comfortable with my quirks, and as long as my husband appreciates them, I will not be medicated:) I’m tagging E. from Looking for George, Shannon from Our Vietnamese Ladybug, Kelly O from Bunny’s Mom, Emilie from Journey to Juneau, Christina from Mrs. Broccoli Guy, Nicole from It’s Like She’s Raising Animals, and my friend Sarah from The Belly Bean.